Trinity Reformed Church is seeking a friendly, organized individual possessing basic financial aptitude along with social media design savvy to work as our Office Administrator.
The right candidate for this part-time position will have a passion for helping co-pastors, staff, and congregational leaders by proactively taking on administrative duties to maximize completed work for the church, helping with reporting, creating digital & print communications, and general office duties. In addition, the right candidate will have a passion for creating a hospitable environment for people making initial contact with the church. Ideally, the candidate will have proven skills in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Google Calendar, and various forms of Social Media.
Trinity Reformed Church has been walking alongside people on the northwest side of Grand Rapids for more than 100 years. Its members continue to share Christ’s expansive love with their community and look to continue that work through guided leadership from this position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by June 30, 2019 to email@example.com to apply.
Office Administrator (12 – 15 hours)
Accountable to the Pastors and the Staff Relations Team, the Office Administrator serves as the communication hub for Trinity Reformed Church, supporting staff, consistory, and teams; providing a hospitable environment as receptionist; as well as paying bills, managing records, and creating print & digital communication.
- Serve as Trinity’s point person for the congregation and community: answering phone calls, greeting visitors, sharing prayer requests, and providing ministry information
- Prepare and distribute weekly worship bulletin
- Administrate Trinity’s online presence: posting recordings of sermons & services, creating facebook posts, and overseeing website maintenance
- Distribute weekly emails
- Maintain building use and event calendar
- Maintain office equipment and purchase church supplies
- Create yearly congregational directory
- Basic treasurer functions: including writing checks, entering data into Quickbooks and recording ACH deductions
- Basic database functions: maintaining membership records and generating financial reports
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Other tasks and projects as requested by the Pastors and/or consistory
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and confidentiality
- Self-directed, dependable, and detail-oriented
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Experience with Quickbooks, Microsoft programs, and Google Calendar preferred
- Minimum high school education, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or a combination of experience and education