Trinity Reformed Church is seeking a strategic planning, development-minded, and relationship oriented individual to work on Connection and Engagement for existing and prospective members. The right candidate will have a passion for helping people connect with their local church, being self-motivated to cultivate avenues for creating and deepening relationships. Ideally, the candidate will have proven skills in social media and public relations.
This part-time position will work with the Co-Pastors, staff and current members on membership development ideas and implementation, member and non-member community involvement projects, and developing and maintaining a social media presence. The right candidate will be action and results-oriented with a strong connection to community.
Trinity Reformed Church has been serving in the heart of the northwest side of Grand Rapids for more than 100 years. Its members continue to be committed to the betterment of our community and look to continue that work through guided leadership from this position.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by June 30, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Coordinator of Connection & Engagement (20 hours)
Reports to: Co-Pastors
The Coordinator of Connection and Engagement will communicate the presence and mission of Trinity to the greater Grand Rapids area and cultivate belonging within the community of Trinity.
- Implementation and continuous quality improvement of the strategy for connecting current and prospective members to Trinity
- Coordinate the hospitality team to disciple new members and connect with new attendees
- Connect individuals to Pastors and the wider membership of Trinity Reformed Church
- Develop volunteer opportunities for members to staff the welcome center, coffee area, and treat area
- Manage new member processes in conjunction with pastors, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ensure that Trinity is represented in our neighborhood, the city of Grand Rapids, and throughout West Michigan by developing deep relationships and active, impactful partnerships with strategically-selected groups and organizations
- Create opportunities for Trinity to be present for events and gatherings around GR with like-minded organizations
- Maintain and enhance Trinity’s social media presence/strategy
- Coordinate with the Neighborhood Mission Team to strategically plan community events for connecting with the wider community
- Provide monthly update to pastors and updates as requested to consistory
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Other duties and projects as requested by the Pastors and/or consistory
- Experience in a church setting and/or appreciation for progressive reformed theology
- Experience with leading/implementation of social media campaigns
- Able to rapidly build relationships
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Able to exercise good judgment and confidentiality
- Self-directed and dependable
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ordination not required but welcomed